One of my favorite Sunday afternoon treats is creating rich, chocolatey truffles that I can nibble on as an after dinner treat for the rest of the week. This recipe takes the pleasurable yumminess of chocolate truffles and adds an extra boost of sexiness with an aphrodisiac, fertility-boosting, adaptogenic herbal blend.
Cacao powder | Raw cacao powder is a superfood that can boost your mood and improve libido. Raw cacao also has four time the antioxidants of processed chocolate. The magnesium in dark chocolate and raw cacao powder helps reduce anxiety and promotes muscle + mind relaxation.
Maca powder | Maca root is an adaptogenic herb that has been shown in studies to improve fertility in both men and women
Turmeric | The curcumin content in turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and inflammation cooler
Ashwangandha | This powerful adaptogen calms anxiety, increases libido, balances sex hormones and improves fertility
Cayenne powder | Cayenne improves your circulation. Getting the blood flowing = better, more powerful, pleasurable orgasms.
Coconut oil | Coconut oil can be a great all-rounder for sexy time as a natural lube and massage oil, but you can also take it internally for a gentle libido boost. Coconut oil also helps regulate blood sugar.
Glutamine powder | Reduces stress and anxiety and increases relaxation
Dried rose petals | There may not be much in the way of nutritional benefits in dried rose petals, but I think they look pretty + feel romantic. Adding always gives me a boost in the awwww factor.
This is a very loose recipe, so feel free to experiment with different quantities and ingredients!
- Use a double boiler or create your own double boiler with a pot nestled on top of a pot of gently boiling water
- Melt 1-2 bars of dark chocolate (85% or higher is best) — keep stirring so that the chocolate doesn’t burn
- Add two tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp maca powder, 1tsp ashwanganda, 1tsp glutamine powder, 1/8 tsp cayenne powder and stevia to taste
- Keep stirring until completely melted + mixed
- Arrange small candy or cupcake liners on a plate or in a plastic container
- Drop spoonfuls of chocolate mixture into the candy liners (recipe should make roughly 12-24 truffles, depending on the size)
- Sprinkle each truffle with a dusting of raw cacao powder and dried rose petals
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before eating
Maca powder and ashwanganda are both fertility enhancers, so if you’re not trying to make a baby, be sure to wrap it up with a condom after eating these Aphrodisiac Truffles! 🙂
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at iherb.com and receive $5 off your order
Our Comments Policy
We believe discussions are best when they are in a private, safe space and free from anonymous, creepy spammers. That’s why we’ve turned off our comments for all of our posts. If you have a question about a topic we’ve written about or want to connect with like-minded ladies in our virtual clubhouse, join us here.